The Ohio State Pharmacy Residency Programs are committed to fostering and sustaining the well-being and resilience of our pharmacy residents. The ResiSHINE (Support Health Initiatives and Nuture Excellence) Committee was developed to support this effort. The mission of the ResiSHINE committee is to foster resident health and wellness by providing activities and resources that support physical and mental well-being, reduce stress, and prevent burnout. The committee consists of pharmacy preceptor and resident representatives charged with planning and coordinating events and initiatives throughout the year. Specific activities vary based on needs and desires of each residency class, but generally consist of optional social, wellness, and community service events.
ResiSHINE Committee Goals:
- Provide resources and activities that support resident health and wellness, reduce stress, and prevent burnout
- Maintain health and wellness throughout residency training
Examples of past events:
- Resident welcome event
- Group outing to local sporting events
- Resident vs. preceptor kickball tournament
- “Buckeye Paws” therapy dog visits
- Team-based step challenge
- Cookie making for donation to local charities
- Group fitness classes
- Apple picking and cidery visit
Residency Program Directors incorporate wellness goals into development plans and encourage residents to use all accrued paid time off during the residency year. Additionally, residents have access to formal and informal health and wellness programs as an employee of The Ohio State University.